Storage First Top 10 BEST Self Storage Tips...
1. Fill containers to capacity or fill spaces with packaging material.
2. Pack heavy items into small boxes, this will make them easier to move.
3. Stack heavy items on the bottom, with lighter and fragile items securely on top
4. Label every box so that you can easily find what you need.
5. Leave an access aisle to reach the back of your storage space, and put frequently used items near the front.
6. Don’t use newsprint (EVER) to pack anything…the ink stains.
7. Stack your goods at least 50mm off the ground for better ventilation.
8. Any items like clothing and linen should have a couple of moth balls packed in with the items (or other moisture absorber).
9. Use shelving to maximise your space, particularly when storing documents or stock.
10. For storing or hanging your clothes, Port-A-Robe Cartons are available from Storage First.